FUORISALONE, THE EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED
Design takes possession of Milan with a lot of of energy, and the city lights up with a unique atmosphere during the most important week of the year. Are you in town? You can not miss this great event!
Fuorisalone (Design Week) is a spontaneous and international event, which hosts exhibitions and events related to the design world in different spots around the city, during the week of the Salone del Mobile. (this year from 11th to 17thof April).
If you are in Milan, reserve few hours a day to visit the main areas of interest, and take advantage of this wonderful event to walking around and discover the beauty of the city!
We have selected some event for you, but the choice was really hard and there are more and more!
For a detailed event's guide, visit the websites www.fuorisalone.it, www.breradesigndistrict.it, www.zonasantambrogio.com, www.tortonadesignweek.com, or just stroll through the streets of Milan and let the city guide you!
BRERA DESIGN DISTRICT
Historical area of the city, by walking through these streets you’ll discover the real Milan. Showrooms, shops and houses open their doors to expose the latest news from the world of design and hosting cultural events.
- “L’orto Cinetico”, by studio Piuarch. Via Palermo, 1. A roof garden, with plants and flowers of different colors projected to create an optical effect.
- Brazilian designer Sergio Rodrigues on display at Brera with some of his iconic furniture made of wood, straw and leather. Via Pietro Maroncelli,7.
- "Contamination", Pau Design Container on Tuesday 12th April, Via G.Rosales, 5. As we have already announced, even Wewood attend the Brera Design District this year thanks to this event!
- “Sleepless night” of the district on Friday 15th April.
- Six events and six tastings with Leffe beer at a selection of typical shops in the historic heart of Brera: check here the location: 12 Aprile – Frida’s, C.so Garibaldi 18; 13 e 14 Aprile –Rossignoli, C.so Garibaldi 71; 15 Aprile – Figus Designer C.so Garibaldi 46; 16 Aprile – Artest C.so Garibaldi 110; 17 Aprile – Il Piccolo via Delio Tessa 1.
- “Brera design apartment”, a typical Milanese interior that house events and exposition. Via Palermo, 1.
SANT’AMBROGIO DESIGN DISTRICT
This beautiful and historical area that today become a reference for design, food, architecture and music events, is born only in 2013 as a Design district, but grows more and more every year with new and interesting exhibits.
- “Next design innovation”, 31 prototypes made by under 35 designers from Lombard schools and from ELISAVA school of Barcelona.
- "21th century. Design after design ",Triennale di Milano. International exhibition organized on the occasion of the XXI Triennial, it will be spread throughout the city. The Portuguese pavilion, made by the art and design school ESAD Matosinhos, will be on display at the National Museum of Science and Technology "Leonardo da Vinci".
- "Viu, Sustainable design", Oratorio della passione basilica di sant’Ambrogio. Exhibition of objects and spaces under the theme of environmental sustainability.
-Exhibition about Achille Castiglioni, star of the golden age of Italian design. Studio Museum Achille Castiglioni Piazza Castello, 27.
- Exhibition at Franco Albini Foundation, Via Telesio 13. A series of meetings and events with original drawings, unique and original models to the discover of the great architect.
- "Eat urban" food truck festival, Via San Vittore 49. A selection of the best street food in the heart of Milan.
- Kitchen, Via de Amicis 45. A concept store dedicated to the kitchen, hosts themed events and aperitifs as well as a selection of kitchen utensils made of steel and copper and photography exhibitions.
TORTONA DESIGN DISTRICT
It was the first area that starts to organize the Fuorisalone 15 years ago, and it remains today as a landmark not to be missed during this week. A unique and long road that hosts expositions of famous designers, brands and international academies, every year has a good turnout of visitors.
This area, devoted more to the research, every year presents emerging talents projects, and this year will host the work of top international academies around the world.
OTHERS INTERESTING EVENTS WE WANT TO REPORT:
- “Spazio, Luce e ombra” with Sou Fujimoto for COS, Cinema Arti Via Pietro Mascagni, 8. A special installation of "light forest" by the famous Japanese architect.
- Tom Dixon and Caesarstone together for a Temporary Restaurant inspired by the four elements, at La Rotonda della Besana. Four kitchens by Caesarstone that propose only Italian products and recipes served in four halls signed by Tom Dixon. Not to be missed!
- Pavilion designed by the Mexican Maruricio Rocha at the Teatro Vetra to host the new collection of home furnishings signed by Hermès.